Mailing List Archive

Searching for redirects (Was: anglicization)
Mav wrote in part:

>Redirects are also ugly and uninformative in the search results. Their byte
>counts show up as tiny and no text is displayed below them. This isn't
>useful.

Agreed, and this goes far beyond the anglicisation issue.
We should give them the byte counts and text display
that the article that they redirect to has.
Developers, can this be done?

-- Toby
Re: Searching for redirects (Was: anglicization) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 02:34, Toby Bartels wrote:
> Mav wrote in part:
> >Redirects are also ugly and uninformative in the search results. Their byte
> >counts show up as tiny and no text is displayed below them. This isn't
> >useful.
>
> Agreed, and this goes far beyond the anglicisation issue.
> We should give them the byte counts and text display
> that the article that they redirect to has.
> Developers, can this be done?

Yes, it's been on the todo list for ages but we're lazy and people yell
at us more about performance issues.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)