Mailing List Archive

phpBBS + phpWiki
>(assuming we use a bbs)
>
>PHP BB (http://www.phpbb.com ) seems to be the natural BBS system for
>Wikipedia to use, since it's GPLed and PHP+MySQL. It may be more ornate than
>we need, but with a little work to coordinate it with the main code, it
>would be very nice.

It would be great if such a thing could be integrated with a multilingual
meta.wiki (the main mailing list is no longer very useful with so many daily
posts). The encyclopedia wikis should be left alone though (IMO eventually
all encyclopedia projects should be on the same wiki - meta should be a
separate wiki for technical and ideological reasons).

>The only crucial thing we need to do is to have people who have logged into
>Wikipedia (any of the language instances) automatically be logged into the
>BBS.

How about just have it so that anybody logged into meta is also logged into
its integrated bbs?

>--tc

--Daniel Mayer (aka mav)