--
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Insitute for Open Communication Systems
Project BerliOS - http://www.berlios.de
Re: Watchlist checkbox patch [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 06:49, Erik Moeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the attached patch adds a checkbox to the edit page that says "Watch
> this page", and a preference to have this checkbox active by default.
> It can be used both to add and remove watches from articles, which
> should make it more convenient to maintain an up-to-date watchlist for
> people who want to watch all articles they work on.
>
> As always, all feedback appreciated.

I definitely agree with that functionality. It might make more sense to
have it be a configurable option on the Watch list page: such as

<List pages I've edited> (<including minor edits>)

That would keep the interface much simpler. It would be slightly less
configurable, but I suspect it wouldn't be to any great detriment. (If
so, more complicated solutions could be implemented.)
Re: Watchlist checkbox patch [ In reply to ]
Am Don, 2002-11-07 um 13.14 schrieb The Cunctator:

> I definitely agree with that functionality. It might make more sense to
> have it be a configurable option on the Watch list page: such as
>
> <List pages I've edited> (<including minor edits>)

I prefer an approach where I can decide for each page individually
whether I want to watch or not watch it. I probably wouldn't want to
watch all my contributions, not even all non-minor ones, but I would
want the checkbox to be active by default. Both features could coexist,
though.

Regards,

Erik