Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Is anybody else noticing the timeouts and lags?
Jonathan Walther wrote:
> *cough*Postgres*cough* Anyone else agree it's time to switch to a
> database that is just as fast as MySQL, but does row level locking
> without slowing down any other concurrent database accesses, plus has
> roll-back and all the other nice ACID features?

Worth a shot; I'll see if I can get it running on my test server.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Is anybody else noticing the timeouts and lags? [ In reply to ]
On 27 Oct 2002 at 17:36, Brion VIBBER wrote:
> Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > *cough*Postgres*cough* Anyone else agree it's time to switch to a
> > database that is just as fast as MySQL, but does row level locking
> > without slowing down any other concurrent database accesses, plus
> > has roll-back and all the other nice ACID features?
>
> Worth a shot; I'll see if I can get it running on my test server.

1) PostgreSQL supports UTF-8; even in regexps.
So no problems with non-latin1 languages
2) MySQL even in version 4.0 doesn't
Conclusions? To obvious to write...

User:Youandme

Zmiany w "Na dobre i na zle" >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1674