From: "Branko Collin" <collin@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:39:04 +0200
To: Jimmy Wales <jwales@bomis.com>
Subject: registered www.wikipedia.nl

Hello Jimmy,

Are you the one I should talk to? I just registered www.wikipedia.nl
so that it can point to the Dutch Wikipedia.

I will sit on this domain for two years, then expect somebody else to
take it off my hands. If I understand correctly, the person or
company holding a .nl domain must be based in the Netherlands (see
the rules at <http://www.nic.nl> if you're interested). After this
period I will let the domain run out or transfer it to one of the
other nl.wikipedia.com regulars. (Or before that, if you so request,
and of course at cost price.)

Would it be possible to point this address to nl.wikipedia.com, or
possibly to a page disambiguating between the Dutch and the Frisian
Wikipedia? I can change entries in the zonefile (or make new ones). I
don't know too much about how this works, here's how it looks like
currently:

wikipedia.nl. A 217.115.192.15
mail A 217.115.192.22
* A 217.115.192.15

With kind regards,

--
branko collin
collin@xs4all.nl

----- End forwarded message -----
Re: [collin@xs4all.nl: registered www.wikipedia.nl] [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Can someone help Branko with this? We'll just need a quick addition
> to the apache conf.

Okay, I've tweaked the apache config so once the DNS is changed to point
the hostname to our server's IP (130.94.122.197), it should
automatically forward wikipedia.nl and www.wikipedia.nl to
nl.wikipedia.org. (If it doesn't, complain. I'll fix it.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)