http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_%26_Merrie_Melodies_filmography

it takes you to looney tunes... and its not a redirect? and when i look at the history it works fine and it shows me how it really should be... whats going on?

Lightning
Re: [Wikipedia-l] Broken link because of encoding [ In reply to ]
Lightning wrote:
> I just noticed this... go to:
> http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_%26_Merrie_Melodies_filmography
>
> it takes you to looney tunes... and its not a redirect? and when i look
> at the history it works fine and it shows me how it really should be...
> whats going on?

Looks like a glitch in the URL-rewriting configuration -- the full
expanded form works fine:

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Looney_Tunes_%26_Merrie_Melodies_filmography

(This was previously hidden by another bug which produced an incorrectly
escaped URL.) I'll bang it into place.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Broken link because of encoding [ In reply to ]
Brion VIBBER wrote:
> Lightning wrote:
>> I just noticed this... go to:
>> http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_%26_Merrie_Melodies_filmography
>>
>> it takes you to looney tunes... and its not a redirect? and when i
>> look at the history it works fine and it shows me how it really should
>> be... whats going on?
>
> Looks like a glitch in the URL-rewriting configuration -- the full
> expanded form works fine:
>
> http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Looney_Tunes_%26_Merrie_Melodies_filmography
>
> (This was previously hidden by another bug which produced an incorrectly
> escaped URL.) I'll bang it into place.

Got it. Annoyingly enough, the internal url-encoding function seems to
encode everything _but_ ampersands, so I had to write a quickie external
filter. Sheesh.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)