To test it, apply the patch, go to your prefs and activate the option.
Then pick any editable page and double click anywhere in the browser
window. Trust me, soon you won't want to live without it ;-)

Regards,

Erik
--
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Insitute for Open Communication Systems
Project BerliOS - http://www.berlios.de
Re: Patch for editondblclick [ In reply to ]
Oh, I thought I'd mentioned it before: Another version of the
doubleclick thingy has been running at
http://www.piclab.com/wikitest/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page
for about a week now.

Magnus

Re: Patch for editondblclick [ In reply to ]
Am Don, 2002-10-10 um 16.36 schrieb Magnus Manske:
> Oh, I thought I'd mentioned it before: Another version of the
> doubleclick thingy has been running at
> http://www.piclab.com/wikitest/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page
> for about a week now.

That one doesn't seem to work -- the URLs it creates are not valid.
Also, it doesn't check whether the page is protected. Plus, it doesn't
seem to be optional.

Was it correct to send the patch to the list, or should I send it
somewhere else?

Regards,
Erik
Re: Patch for editondblclick [ In reply to ]
link dont work

look at the url it creates
http://www.piclab.com/wikitest/wiki.phtml?title?Anthropology&action=edit

it shoudl be
http://www.piclab.com/wikitest/wiki.phtml?title=Anthropology&action=edit

an = after title, not ? again

Lightning

Re: Patch for editondblclick [ In reply to ]
Erik Moeller wrote:
> I decided to give it a try myself and wrote a patch for allowing edits
> on doubleclick. It is attached. I decided not to create a context diff
> because I think the patch is so small to be better readable without it

Since no one seems to be against it and I rather like it myself (and I
needed a break from reading postgresql documentation!), I've committed
the patch and installed it on the live wiki (all ph3 langs and meta). Go
into your user prefs and give it a try!

One slight code tweak:

>> if($wgOut->isArticle() && $wgUser->getOption("editondblclick") ) {
>> $n = $wgTitle->getPrefixedText();

changed to getPrefixedURL() for URL-encoding.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)