everything.. on the case of redirects, maybe we could change it to "This
page is an alias to ..." ? Any onpinions on this?

Lightning
Re: Search question [ In reply to ]
Lightning wrote:

>I kinda don't like how you can see markup in a search results page.. in
>fact.. you see a lot of markup in the exerpt from the webpage.. I really
>don't think that should be the acse.. Is there a way to strip that out
>before that text is shown? It just looks ugly, and confusing and crowds
>everything.. on the case of redirects, maybe we could change it to "This
>page is an alias to ..." ? Any onpinions on this?

I've always considered that having the markup appearing that way to be
an advantage, especially when I'm looking for links to fix, or to create.

I don't see the point or need for changing the redirects to what you
suggest.

Eclecticology
Re: Search question [ In reply to ]
> Lightning wrote:
>
> >I kinda don't like how you can see markup in a search results page.. in
> >fact.. you see a lot of markup in the exerpt from the webpage.. I really
> >don't think that should be the acse.. Is there a way to strip that out
> >before that text is shown? It just looks ugly, and confusing and crowds
> >everything.. on the case of redirects, maybe we could change it to "This
> >page is an alias to ..." ? Any onpinions on this?
> >
> I've always considered that having the markup appearing that way to be
> an advantage, especially when I'm looking for links to fix, or to create.
>
> I don't see the point or need for changing the redirects to what you
> suggest.

I see what you are saying, this is really useful from an editorial
standpoint, but if I'm just looking for an article on say "Johnson" because
i dont remember the first name, the last thing i want to see is..

if the html doesnt show:
"&lt;caption&gt;&lt;font size="+1"&gt;'''Andrew
Johnson'''&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/caption&gt; "

when "Andrew Johnson" would have been more appropriate and helpful..

Lightning

Ps these are actual results i got