Mailing List Archive

View and restore deleted pages
I've added a (presently for sysops only) Special:Undelete, which should
appear as "View and restore deleted pages" in the special pages list. It
lists the archived deleted pages (the majority of which are pure drivel
and should be flushed at some point), and you can view the archived
pages and their histories and optionally restore them to life.

Restoring a page with the same title as one that currently exists will
tack the deleted page's history onto the end of the existing one's.

The interface is still rather rough and not yet fully integrated with
the deletion log (ie, links to undelete perhaps should appear next to
deletion notices, and restorations should definitely be listed in the
same log), and I probably haven't tested it as thoroughly as I ought to
have.

It is to be considered experimental, so please be gentle with it. If Lee
wants to set it up on the piclab server, less gentle testing is I'm sure
welcome there. :) I'd offer my own test server, but it's currently
behind a modem (wah!)

(File is in CVS.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)