# themselves talk namespaces, and of course (4) it exists.

which conditions are dutifully followed by the code; number two is the
one that's catching us here.

If there's a good reason behind that, it needs to be documented. If not,
it ought to be changed to handle moving talk pages across namespaces (so
long as neither the source nor destination namespace of the main article
is a talk namespace) to accord with current user expectation.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Moving talk pages across namespaces [ In reply to ]
That was a complaint on German wikipedia afer the switch to the new
software. I think there's even a bug report, but I'm not sure.

Re: Moving talk pages across namespaces [ In reply to ]
bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=600079&group_id
=34373&atid=411192

(part of) Lee's answer:
> It was not my intention to allow moving talk pages when
> moving from one namespace to another, so the bug is that the
> checkbox appears at all.

But the question remains: why?

BTW, is it possible to make an sql query that looks for talk pages who's
corresponding article is only a redirect, or doesn't exist?

Kurt