Mailing List Archive

Short word searches
As someone has previously pointed out, short word searches (such as
Ur and Oz) are important. There shouldn't be a letter minimum, if
at all possible.
We should probably use google as a good guide for usability standards.
Google lets you search for single letters, for example.

I understand there may be technical difficulties in reducing the minimum,
but we should consider it a flaw if we have a four-letter minimum,
or even a three-letter or two-letter minimum.

I've cc'ed wikipedia-l because this is a policy discussion as much as a
technical discussion.

--tc