Mailing List Archive

Register now for Wikimania 2023!
Hi everyone,

The Core Organizing Team would like to invite you to register for Wikimania
2023 <http://wikimania.eventyay.com>.

Register for the in-person event by July 16 and for the online event
anytime.

Wikimania will be held from 16—19 August, in person at the Suntec
Convention Centre and online on eventyay <https://eventyay.com/>, an open
source virtual and hybrid event platform.

Eventyay has been partnering with us to implement new features for
Wikimania, and we look forward to working together to deliver an engaging
virtual experience on an open source platform. Eventyay was recently used
for the FOSSASIA Summit, take a look at how it worked there
<https://summit.fossasia.org/>.

We look forward to welcoming you to Wikimania Singapore!

Please refer to the registration privacy statement
<https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal:Wikimania_2023_Registration_Privacy_Statement>
.

??Note: the in-person ticket is subsidized by the Wikimedia Foundation and
costs $100 USD, which covers opening and closing events, plus lunches on
the core conference days. Scholarship recipients will receive codes to
register for the in-person event.

Kind regards,

*Butch Bustria*
On behalf of the ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team
Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
Dear Wikimanian
I would like to know if there would be ant scholarship for those joining
online.
Best.
Chiemezie Atama.

Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 15:10, Wikimania <wikimania@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The Core Organizing Team would like to invite you to register for Wikimania 2023.

I just registered, as a scholarship holder.

The form presented with blank questions, the answers to which were
mandatory. I could only work out what they are by viewing the page's
source code. Other people may not know how to do this.

A screen shot may be viewed on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/pigsonthewing/status/1677345776538664961

I was using Firefox under Windows 10.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
This is weird. I don't remember what I filled there and I feel it would be
a wrong thing. Those who filled out the form should be allowed to fix this
once the problem is resolved, so that they end up at the right place.

Aafi

Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
I was experiencing the same, and so was at least one other person. It looks
like the organizers are working on it.

Lodewijk

Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

The vendor is aware of the issue and is in the process of rectifying this. Will inform you all when the issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Robert
Wikimania 2023 COT

Re: Register now for Wikimania 2023! [ In reply to ]
An update, the platform is back in working order. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Robert