Mailing List Archive

Registration is now open for Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition
Dear Wikimedians!

We are super excited that the registration for attending Wikimania 2022:
The Festival Edition *is now open!*

Registration for the virtual Wikimania will run through the end of
Wikimania on August 14, 2022.

To register, and for more info please visit the Wikimania 2022 Registration
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/wikimania-2022/> page on Diff or on Wikimania
Wiki. <https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>

On behalf of Wikimania 2022 COT
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/02/24/announcing-the-wikimania-2022-core-organizing-team/>
,

Antoni Mtavangu (He/Him)

Wikimania 2022 COT member
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/02/24/announcing-the-wikimania-2022-core-organizing-team/>

Cofounder-Wikimedia Tanzania
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Tanzania>
Re: Registration is now open for Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition [ In reply to ]
I see some people are having trouble with the registration form (the
buttons are confusing apparently).

Your registration seems to be only complete when you see the words
"Congrats | ????? | ?? | Félicitations | ??????????? | Felicitaciones" at
the top of the page. I know, it's confusing because the page before it also
looks like completed.

You should also almost immediately receive an email on the address you
entered (i got three myself :) I guess that means I can use three screens
;) )

Best,
Lodewijk

Re: Registration is now open for Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition [ In reply to ]
I'm also having trouble in the 2nd screen (apparently it doesn't let me add
any tickets at all)

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Maybe we're hitting the server
too hard?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 5:26 PM effe iets anders <effeietsanders@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I see some people are having trouble with the registration form (the
> buttons are confusing apparently).
>
> Your registration seems to be only complete when you see the words
> "Congrats | ????? | ?? | Félicitations | ??????????? | Felicitaciones" at
> the top of the page. I know, it's confusing because the page before it also
> looks like completed.
>
> You should also almost immediately receive an email on the address you
> entered (i got three myself :) I guess that means I can use three screens
> ;) )
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 7:50 AM Antoni Mtavangu <antonicmtavangu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Wikimedians!
>>
>> We are super excited that the registration for attending Wikimania 2022:
>> The Festival Edition *is now open!*
>>
>> Registration for the virtual Wikimania will run through the end of
>> Wikimania on August 14, 2022.
>>
>> To register, and for more info please visit the Wikimania 2022
>> Registration <https://diff.wikimedia.org/wikimania-2022/> page on Diff
>> or on Wikimania Wiki. <https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>
>>
>> On behalf of Wikimania 2022 COT
>> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/02/24/announcing-the-wikimania-2022-core-organizing-team/>
>> ,
>>

>> Antoni Mtavangu (He/Him)
>>
>> Wikimania 2022 COT member
>> <https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/02/24/announcing-the-wikimania-2022-core-organizing-team/>
>>

>> Cofounder-Wikimedia Tanzania
>> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Tanzania>

<https://about.me/andycyca?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>
Andrés C y C
about.me/andycyca
<https://about.me/andycyca?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>
Re: Registration is now open for Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 23:26, effe iets anders <effeietsanders@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see some people are having trouble with the registration form (the buttons are confusing apparently).
>
> Your registration seems to be only complete when you see the words "Congrats | ????? | ?? | Félicitations | ??????????? | Felicitaciones" at the top of the page. I know, it's confusing because the page before it also looks like completed.

After I entered my details I was taken to a page that said "success",
but was in JSON, not HTML.

I did not receive a confirmation email.

I have just tried again, and was asked if I wanted to continue my
previous registration (via a cookie, I presume).

I've been taken to a "payment" page, but cannot increase the number of
tickets from 0 to 1. This was in Firefox.

I switched to MS Edge, started again, and was able to complete my
registration, without seeing JSON.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing