Mailing List Archive

Group trip to pyramids?
Would those wikimaniacs who are going to Cairo after the meeting like to go to Giza and the pyramids as a group? Here's a link on the wikimania wiki if you want to put your name on this list. Obviously, we'd have to find a way to connect there in person, but this is a start.

http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_coordination#Group_Activities_in_Cairo_from_July_20_on.3F
Re: Group trip to pyramids? [ In reply to ]
Mary Murrell wrote:
> Would those wikimaniacs who are going to Cairo after the meeting like
> to go to Giza and the pyramids as a group? Here's a link on the
> wikimania wiki if you want to put your name on this list. Obviously,
> we'd have to find a way to connect there in person, but this is a start.
>
> http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_coordination#Group_Activities_in_Cairo_from_July_20_on.3F

I would suggest that those wanting to visit places after Wikimania get
together informally at a convenient time during the conference to
co-ordinate plans. Perhaps some notice could be placed near the
registration desk.

Giza is a part of the Cairo area, and can be handled in a day-trip.
Other understandings need to be developed for going a little further to
places like Luxor.

During our time in Cairo we also would probably also want to find a best
deal for hotel accomodations.

Ec