Mailing List Archive

[Fwd: Dinners]
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Dinners
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:59:36 +0200
From: Florence Devouard <anthere@anthere.org>
To: wikimania-planning-l at lists.wikimedia.org

Hello

Quick question ('cause I did not find the information on the website).

Normally, there should be two special dinners planned. One is the
general wikimania party and one is the vip party.

I understood VIP party is on the 5th; Can you confirm ?
Which date is the wikimania party?

Is there anything special planned on the third day ?

Ant
[Fwd: Dinners] [ In reply to ]
Dear Florence,

Wikimania Party: Aug. 4 in Red Theater (on the Main Page)
VIP Party: Aug. 5 Boxes Restaurant

Aug. 3 is still no plan yet. I want to ask some team members and local
volunteers to bring people going outside, exploring the city.
Birthday Party?

Theodoranian

> [...]

As that's my birthday, the Birthday Party idea seems very appealing. :)

Angela
[Fwd: Dinners] [ In reply to ]
Okay

For some it will be birthday party, for others (board+staff), it will be
business party :-)

ant

[Fwd: Dinners] [ In reply to ]
VIP parties? Is that for special invitees only? :-(
What about regular food, is that included in accomodations?

--Anirudh

On 7/9/07, Florence Devouard <wmf-l at anthere.org> wrote:

> Okay
>
> For some it will be birthday party, for others (board+staff), it will be
> business party :-)
>
> ant
>
> THD wrote:
> > Dear Florence,
> >
> > Wikimania Party: Aug. 4 in Red Theater (on the Main Page)
> > VIP Party: Aug. 5 Boxes Restaurant
> >
> > Aug. 3 is still no plan yet. I want to ask some team members and local
> > volunteers to bring people going outside, exploring the city.
> > Birthday Party?
> >
> > Theodoranian
> >
> > 2007/7/9, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org

Yes, special people who give lots of money, mostly :) And probably the
advisory board this year, as well. It sounds like plans for the 3rd would be
open to all, though.

IIRC there is food provided as part of lodging on site, yes.

phoebe

On 7/9/07, Anirudh <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> VIP parties? Is that for special invitees only? :-(
> What about regular food, is that included in accomodations?
>
> --Anirudh
>
> On 7/9/07, Florence Devouard <wmf-l at anthere.org> wrote:
> >
> > Okay
> >
> > For some it will be birthday party, for others (board+staff), it will be
> > business party :-)
> >
> > ant
> >
> > THD wrote:
> > > Dear Florence,
> > >
> > > Wikimania Party: Aug. 4 in Red Theater (on the Main Page)
> > > VIP Party: Aug. 5 Boxes Restaurant
> > >
> > > Aug. 3 is still no plan yet. I want to ask some team members and local
> > > volunteers to bring people going outside, exploring the city.
> > > Birthday Party?
> > >
> > > Theodoranian

Lunch is provided. Attendees are supposed to manage their own dinner.

Thanks.

Theodoranian

2007/7/9, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>:

> Yes, special people who give lots of money, mostly :) And probably the
> advisory board this year, as well. It sounds like plans for the 3rd would be
> open to all, though.
>
> IIRC there is food provided as part of lodging on site, yes.
>
> phoebe
>
> On 7/9/07, Anirudh <anirudhsbh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > VIP parties? Is that for special invitees only? :-(
> > What about regular food, is that included in accomodations?
> >
> > --Anirudh
> >
> > On 7/9/07, Florence Devouard <wmf-l at anthere.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay
> > >
> > > For some it will be birthday party, for others (board+staff), it will
> > > be
> > > business party :-)
> > >
> > > ant

> > > local

> Yes, special people who give lots of money, mostly :) And probably the
> advisory board this year, as well. It sounds like plans for the 3rd
> would be
> open to all, though.
>
> IIRC there is food provided as part of lodging on site, yes.

We don't want all our dinners pre-scripted. There is still something to
be said for the impromptu gatherings of people who in both Frankfurt and
Cambridge just got together for dinner.

Ec
[Fwd: Dinners] [ In reply to ]
Is breakfast included?

In any case, 4th Aug is my adminship anniversary. Nice idea for the party!

KTHXBAI!

anirudh