THD
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Test of Registration system [ In reply to ]
On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

> http://wikimania.tw/~littlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en

It looks cool. Thank you for all your helps, involved parties.

> If you have any question please don't hesitate to let me and Littlebtc know.

One question: Are data submitted for a test will be casted out?

Also on "Badge information":
Last year both user name and real name were provided and this
combination was useful (specially when a known Wikimedian with his or
her username appeared as presentator) . In this year we should only
have either one or another?

--
KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
Test of Registration system [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > http://wikimania.tw/~littlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en
>
> It looks cool. Thank you for all your helps, involved parties.
>
> > If you have any question please don't hesitate to let me and Littlebtc know.
>
> One question: Are data submitted for a test will be casted out?

Hopefully; I just put in a junk registration :)

> Also on "Badge information":
> Last year both user name and real name were provided and this
> combination was useful (specially when a known Wikimedian with his or
> her username appeared as presentator) . In this year we should only
> have either one or another?

I agree there should be an option for "both" username and realname on
the badge.

Other issues:
* required fields should probably be marked with an asterisk or similar
* you might consider splitting the name field into family name
(surname) and given name
* I'd add a province/state field in addition to city for those of us
coming from America and elsewhere where it's a common part of the
address; it can be optional.
* typo in Accommodation: it's July 31st, not June 31st
* should Wikimedia project username be required? It should probably be
optional.
* I'd make a note that Aug 1 & 2 are hacking days, and the other 3
days are main conference

Otherwise, it looks great! Nice work.
cheers,
phoebe
Test of Registration system [ In reply to ]
2007/2/28, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com>:

> On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > http://wikimania.tw/~littlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en
>
> It looks cool. Thank you for all your helps, involved parties.

Thanks. Now the system is still in only English and Traditional Chinese.
After finishing the translation, it will be multi-lingual.
We still need your effort.

> If you have any question please don't hesitate to let me and Littlebtc
> know.
>
> One question: Are data submitted for a test will be casted out?
>
> Also on "Badge information":
> Last year both user name and real name were provided and this
> combination was useful (specially when a known Wikimedian with his or
> her username appeared as presentator) . In this year we should only
> have either one or another?

We will modify this. Thanks for suggestion.

THD

Test of Registration system [ In reply to ]
2007/2/28, phoebe ayers <brassratgirl at gmail.com>:

> On 2/27/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> >
> > > http://wikimania.tw/~littlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en
> >
> > It looks cool. Thank you for all your helps, involved parties.
> >
> > > If you have any question please don't hesitate to let me and Littlebtc
> know.
> >
> > One question: Are data submitted for a test will be casted out?
>
> Hopefully; I just put in a junk registration :)

Yeah, this is still under a test environment. We will clear the test data
before the registration really opens.

> Also on "Badge information":
> > Last year both user name and real name were provided and this
> > combination was useful (specially when a known Wikimedian with his or
> > her username appeared as presentator) . In this year we should only
> > have either one or another?
>
> I agree there should be an option for "both" username and realname on
> the badge.
>
> Other issues:
> * required fields should probably be marked with an asterisk or similar

OK!

* you might consider splitting the name field into family name
> (surname) and given name

OK!

* I'd add a province/state field in addition to city for those of us
> coming from America and elsewhere where it's a common part of the
> address; it can be optional.

OK!

* typo in Accommodation: it's July 31st, not June 31st

OK!

* should Wikimedia project username be required? It should probably be
> optional.

I think it should be optional.

* I'd make a note that Aug 1 & 2 are hacking days, and the other 3
> days are main conference

This will be stated in the registration instructions.

Otherwise, it looks great! Nice work.
> cheers,
> phoebe

It is good to have comments from previous main organizer. You really help a
lot.
Thanks and Applauses.

Test of Registration system [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/2/28, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On 2/28/07, THD <theodoranian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> >
> > > http://wikimania.tw/~littlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en
> > <http://wikimania.tw/%7Elittlebtc/wikimania/index.php?uselang=en>
> >
> > It looks cool. Thank you for all your helps, involved parties.

Indeed, it looks very professional!

Thanks. Now the system is still in only English and Traditional Chinese.
> After finishing the translation, it will be multi-lingual.
> We still need your effort.

I'll try to finish to copyedit the French version in the coming days. Seeing
how the form actually works will be helpful.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]