Mailing List Archive

Translation for Wikimania registration form
Hi,

The registration site for Wikimania 2007 is going to be setup soon and we need some help on translating the registration form. If you are willing to help, please help us in the following link:

The registration form in English:
http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation/Registration_form

The registration form in Chinese (zh-hant, the original):
http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation/Registration_form/zh-hant

The translation status for the registration form:
http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation#Urgent_Translation

Thanks for your help, and wish you can enjoy Wikimania 2007!

Regards,
International Contact
Wikimania Taipei Team
--
Hsiang-Tai Chien (H.T.)

Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia!
My Wikipedia User Page

Think Different, Do Smarter, Work for Joy!!

??????? ? ????????????????
http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hsiang-Tai Chien wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The registration site for Wikimania 2007 is going to be setup soon and we need some help on translating the registration form. If you are willing to help, please help us in the following link:
>
>The registration form in English:
>http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation/Registration_form

I have looked at the form, and I think that some people would find it
objectionable to include Passport numbers at this stage of proceedings.
Others, who do not travel frequently, may not yet have a passport.

Is the third option, "Other", really meaningful when responding to sex? :-)

Ec
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
> Hsiang-Tai Chien wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >The registration site for Wikimania 2007 is going to be setup soon and we need some help on translating the registration form. If you are willing to help, please help us in the following link:
> >
> >The registration form in English:
> >http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania:Translation/Registration_form
> >
> I have looked at the form, and I think that some people would find it
> objectionable to include Passport numbers at this stage of proceedings.
> Others, who do not travel frequently, may not yet have a passport.
>
> Is the third option, "Other", really meaningful when responding to sex? :-)
>
> Ec

hehe, I laught on the "other" at sex. I don't know if it had been made
on a comic purpose, but at least I think it's funny ^_^

For the passport purpose, I do agree. I do have one but for the moment
I'm not sure mine will be ok, I do think I'll have to make a new one,
and in france it takes around 3weeks, some time more.

Perhaps it should be good to accept National ID for the registration,
and the foreigners will have to send the passport number to the Team.
Passport will be needed to come to Taiwan, so if they give the ID
number and pay, it should be enough for the registration. Unless it's
absolutly needed for insurance of stuff like this.

If the passport is absolutly needed, just let us know so we can warn
the community.

--
schiste
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> From christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr:
>
> On 15/02/07, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have looked at the form, and I think that some people
> would find it
> > objectionable to include Passport numbers at this stage of
> proceedings.
> > Others, who do not travel frequently, may not yet have a passport.
> >
> > Is the third option, "Other", really meaningful when responding to
> > sex? :-)
> >
> > Ec
>
> hehe, I laught on the "other" at sex. I don't know if it had
> been made on a comic purpose, but at least I think it's funny ^_^

We list the "other" option because we think maybe some people might want to
use it. For example, [[Transgender]].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

> For the passport purpose, I do agree. I do have one but for
> the moment I'm not sure mine will be ok, I do think I'll have
> to make a new one, and in france it takes around 3weeks, some
> time more.
>
> Perhaps it should be good to accept National ID for the
> registration, and the foreigners will have to send the
> passport number to the Team.
> Passport will be needed to come to Taiwan, so if they give
> the ID number and pay, it should be enough for the
> registration. Unless it's absolutly needed for insurance of
> stuff like this.
>
> If the passport is absolutly needed, just let us know so we
> can warn the community.
>
> --
> schiste

The passport number and the National ID will be used for insurance purpose,
and we will not leak your personal information to any other third parties.

Hsiang-Tai Chien (H.T.)
International Contact
Wikimania Taipei Team

Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia! - http://www.wikipedia.org
My Wikipedia User Page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Htchien
My blog: Hsiang-Tai @ Taiwan - http://htchien.blogspot.com
My Flickr Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/htchien

Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
On 2/16/07, Hsiang-Tai Chien <htchien1225 at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> Hi,
> The passport number and the National ID will be used for insurance purpose,
> and we will not leak your personal information to any other third parties.

I expect no one suppose the possiblity you mentioned, but your
statement made me have another question;
our insurance company is okay only our IDs, I mean IDs without the
expired dates?

--
KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I will check with our insurance people and let you know the answer.

Regards,
H.T.

??????? ? ????????????????
http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hsiang-Tai Chien wrote:

>>For the passport purpose, I do agree. I do have one but for
>>the moment I'm not sure mine will be ok, I do think I'll have
>>to make a new one, and in france it takes around 3weeks, some
>>time more.
>>
>>Perhaps it should be good to accept National ID for the
>>registration, and the foreigners will have to send the
>>passport number to the Team.
>>Passport will be needed to come to Taiwan, so if they give
>>the ID number and pay, it should be enough for the
>>registration. Unless it's absolutly needed for insurance of
>>stuff like this.
>>
>>If the passport is absolutly needed, just let us know so we
>>can warn the community.
>>
>>--
>>schiste
>>

>The passport number and the National ID will be used for insurance purpose,
>and we will not leak your personal information to any other third parties.
>
>Regards,

What does my passport number have to do with your insurance? If you
insist on having the number on line I can always invent a number.

Ec
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It's the insurance for wikimedians who want to join Wikimania when he/she is
in Taipei. Of cause you can use a fake / invented number but you will not
get the insurance from the insurance company if there is something
unexpected happen when you are in Taipei.

We will apply the travel insurance for every wikimedian or anyone who
registered to join Wikimania. And the passport / National ID is the
requirement from the insurance company in Taiwan (maybe in other countries /
regions also?)

Travel Insurance (information only, the actual insurance content might be
offered differently from our insurance company):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_insurance

I will ask the Taipei team to see if we can put more details on the
insurance on the Wikimania site.

Hope this helps.

H.T.

??????? ? ????????????????
http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/
Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Some people might already have their own travel insurence. (In NL it is not
very extrordinary to have an travel insurence for the whole year, as soon as
you go on vacation to abroad Europe, that is already cheaper then two weeks
temp. insurence). I don't know how that is in other countries, but might
that reduce some costs for you? (Maybe would a reduction in the application
be possible?)

Lodewijk

Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think it's both for insurance during the event (attention: NOT travel
insurance) and verifying attendees is the real one who paid and registered.
I am calling my friend who works for an insurance company to see if the
passport number is necessary for insurance or not.

THD

Translation for Wikimania registration form [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Similarly to what Effe says, travel insurance can be bought here in
Canada on an annual basis as a part of one's homeowner's insurance. This
would cover emergency medical expenses in excess of what is normally
covered by the usual government medical insurance plan.

The idea that the person for whom payment is made is not the person that
attends strikes me as strange. While I can see this as vaguely possible
for a Taiwanese person who would not need to travel far, it makes no
sense at all for a person making the travel expense to travel half-way
around the world. If at the last moment I am so sick that I cannot
travel, what would be so wrong about asking my son to take my place?

Ec