2. How many days you can stay? Can you come earlier and stay longer if
you want?

Please add the answer at
http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Venue

And update the misleading list
http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Team_and_Volunteers

Greetings,
Jakob
Question about accomodation at Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
Hi, Jakob,

Sorry for late reply.

We are still doing our budget. As when we bid for hosting Wikimania 2007, we
have found some sponsorship to cover the meals and accommodation, the
accommodation cost is just for avoiding waste.

Generally in Taipei, the room rate in an ordinary hotel is between NTD 2500
to NTD 4000 (USD75-120) per night, and Wikimania accommodation cost will be
under $20 per night. We will announce the rate in detail when the
registration is open.

We have ordered the CTOYAC rooms from Aug.1 to Aug. 5, which means everybody
has to check out on Aug. 6. After the Wikimania, there will be other
activities held in CTOYAC, so it is nearly impossible to order more days. We
will try to get more other hotel information for those who want to stay
longer.

And I have to say sorry again, the original registration manager left the
preparation team. That's why we responded lately. We are trying to find an
appropriate person to take charge of this super important matter, and of
course as soon as possible. The registration system and website are still
ongoing, so don't worry for us. Littlebtc and Alex are still here. :D

Sincerely yours,

THD

2007/2/6, Jakob Voss <jakob.voss at nichtich.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> As I was not able to figure out who is responsible for what at Wikimania
> 2007 planning and my last request did not achieve to get to the last
> Wikimania Taipai Team meeting I would like to repeat my question:
>
> 1. What will accomodation cost at Wikimania 2007 location (CTOYAC)?
>
> 2. How many days you can stay? Can you come earlier and stay longer if
> you want?
>
> Please add the answer at
> http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Venue
>
> And update the misleading list
> http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Team_and_Volunteers
>
> Greetings,
> Jakob

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Question about accomodation at Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
Hi THD,

I really hope you can find either before either after the wikimania at least
a few days chep accomodation, as usually ticktets are cheaper when you stay
at leas a week. And of course it would be the easiest to be able to stay in
the same room that time, as moving is always asking time yu'd like to spend
on other things, such as looking around on taiwan :)

Lodewijk

Question about accomodation at Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
Regarding accomodations....

I think it would be a good idea that the board organise a board meeting
either immediately before or immediately after Wikimania. This may be a
meeting with some invited non-board members.

I would like to know who is exactly in charge of accomodation, so that
we can see what are the accomodation possibilities in the days before or
after Wikimania.

Thanks

Ant
Question about accomodation at Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea that the board organise a board meeting
> either immediately before or immediately after Wikimania. This may be a
> meeting with some invited non-board members.

Also some committees, chapters ... In Boston due to heavy schedule
Comcom gave up to hold its own meeting, though almost more than half
were there. It was a pity indeed.

Btw I heard there was a plan of organisational workshop along
HackingDays. How does it go along? It vanished?

--
KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
Question about accomodation at Wikimania 2007 [ In reply to ]
Hi, Anthere,

Daucter just agreed to be responsible for the registration (including
accommodation), and he will answer the question about the accommodation of
board meeting.
Originally he is only responsible for the venue things, and we lost
communication with the original registration coordinator.
Thanks for your patience.

THD