Mailing List Archive

Proceedings
Dear Wikimania contributors,

(...and others on the list, but this mail is principally directed at
people giving presentations...)

As you may have noticed if you've been keeping an eye on the Wikimania
site, we've been working on building this year's Proceedings. We're now
ready to start adding your slides, the full text of your papers, the
full images for your posters and so on to the Proceedings.

You can send in submissions to us at wikimania-program at wikimedia.org;
please send them here rather than uploading them directly to the Wiki so
that we can make sure they end up in the right places and in the right
formats.

If you're unsure about what we want these submissions for, where we're
going to put them, what we're going to do with them, then please take a
look at our Guidelines for contributors. This explains in detail where
and in what format to send submissions, what the editing process will be
and how the final result will be licensed.
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proceedings:Guidelines_for_contributors

We've also produced a Style Guide to help you as you prepare your
submissions: this isn't 100% binding as it would be with an academic
publisher, but for the sake of consistency within the Proceedings we'd
like to stick with it as much as possible. Citing sources properly is,
as it should be, non-negotiable.
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proceedings:Style_guide

If you have any questions then please just let me know. (Unfortunately
I'm going to be away from the 5th to the 21st of August, but I'll do my
best to reply quickly.)

Best wishes,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3456