Mailing List Archive

Please take this 20 minute Semantic MediaWiki survey
Dear Semantic MediaWiki community member,

We are writing to provide an update on the current situation of the Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension as well as to ask you to fill out a survey that will help to define the path forward for this extension.

Over time, SMW has grown to incorporate many features and sophisticated functionality. It is also accompanied by many additional semantic extensions that add further capabilities. SMW is built on top of MediaWiki, which itself is evolving to a more modern code base. SMW does not currently have a thriving developer community, so some decisions must be made on how to maintain and/or evolve its code base going forward. This could involve refactoring or rebuilding SMW. The decision on how to proceed requires a plan with an analysis on the current and anticipated use of SMW and related semantic extensions.

To get a clear picture on the use of SMW we kindly ask you to respond to this survey :

[ https://survey.kdz.eu/index.php/622841 | https://survey.kdz.eu/index.php/622841 ]

Your response is highly appreciated as it will shape the future of SMW. Your input plays a key role in the analysis and recommendations to ensure a bright future for SMW.

We will inform you on the results and further steps on this site.

Regards,

MediaWiki Stakeholders’ Group
Mark A. Hershberger (President)