received only different error messages...

If you can, please send the file (or write another hint).

MM

--
Martin Mrazek
Mobil: +420 724 17 666 9
Skype: martin.mrazek.cz
ICQ: 339-042-961 (mrazik)
Re: texvc binary for MediaWiki-1.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Martin Mrazek a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> does anybody here run MediaWiki 1.8.2 on Win XP? I have still problems
> to make TeX formulas working. Maybe the best solution would be to ask
> somebody with the same version of MediaWiki to send me compiled (and
> working :) ) texvc.exe...

I do run LaTeX with Mediawiki 1.8.2 and a wamp install, but I use the "Alternative Solution" that you did try. (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_Mediawiki_on_Windows#Alternative_Solution)

However, in your post about it, you don't seem to have replaced the math.php file.

Did you replace that file or not ?

> I tried several versions of math/render.ml to make texvc.exe, but
> received only different error messages...

I have never achieved the compilation of texvc for XP so I can't help you on this one.

Re: texvc binary for MediaWiki-1.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Do you mean change of includes/math.php into

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows/math.php

as written a few lines above the Alternative solution?

Or do you mean another change to math.php? I tried the first one and
it didn't work as well...

Martin

--
Martin Mrazek
Mobil: +420 724 17 666 9
Re: texvc binary for MediaWiki-1.8.2 [ In reply to ]
Martin Mrazek a écrit :
> Do you mean change of includes/math.php into
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows/math.php
>
> as written a few lines above the Alternative solution?

Yes

> I tried the first one and it didn't work as well...

The only remaining differences I see are : I'm using MikTeX for LaTeX support and wampserver 1.6.5 for apache and php.

AND :

I once had a problem with ImageMagick because I put it in Program Files (it was an error like "unable to resize image, unknown error" with a thumb or something like that).

Try to put it in a directory without any *space* like c:\ImageMagick, change Localsettings accordingly and then try again the different solutions

I'm sorry that I can't help you better.

Re: texvc binary for MediaWiki-1.8.2 [ In reply to ]
BINGO!!! Finally got it !

I used Alternative Solution with dvipng
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_Mediawiki_on_Windows#Alternative_Solution_with_dvipng

But moreover, in the includes/math.php for this solution
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows/math-dvipng.php

I changed
var $_dvips_path = 'dvips.exe';

var $_dvips_path = 'dvipng.exe';

Beforehands the fatal problem was, that my dvipng.exe was not working
well - no error written, but it did simply nothing. I changed from
TeXlive to MiKTeX and it's ok...

--
Martin Mrazek
Mobil: +420 724 17 666 9