Hey Teammates,

I am getting the following upload error in MediaWiki 1.19.2.
Error creating thumbnail: convert.exe: unable to open image `C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/transform_32f7ebc-1.jpg': Permission denied @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2614.

Is that because the IUSR does not have permissions to c:\Windows\Temp ? I'm really not able to give it permissions there for
security reasons, is there a workaround ?

Where is error/bloc.c/OpenBlob coming from ?

thx,
Lori
Re: Upload Setup Question [ In reply to ]
On 09/26/2012 04:22 PM, Rowe, Dolores A wrote:
> Is that because the IUSR does not have permissions to c:\Windows\Temp ? I'm really not able to give it permissions there for
> security reasons, is there a workaround ?

There is a workaround. Try the files linked here (http://hexm.de/lu --
which points to
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Talk:MediaWiki_1.19/Thumbnails_didn%27t_work_since_Update_to_1.19/reply_%2836%29)
and is part of a larger thread.

Using that patch, MediaWiki should use $wgTmpDirectory instead of
C:\Windows\Temp.

Let me know if you have trouble.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Necessitous men are not, truly speaking, free men.
-- Vernon v Bethell (1762), quoted by FDR's Second Bill of Rights