oder folgt mein Server nicht mehr weltlichen naturgesetzen???
Vielen Dank für jede Hilfe

jascha
Re: mystisch [ In reply to ]
On Nov 18, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Jascha Rohr wrote:
> - ich installiere gerade zum ersten mal Mediawiki und stoße auf ein
> mystisches Verhalten: Alle Änderungen, die ich in der LanguageDE.php
> vornehme werden nicht übernommen. So habe ich zum Test das Wort
> "keine" in dem Satz "Bitte kopieren Sie keine Webseiten" gelöscht
> (Zeile375). Ich habe die gesamte Tabelle und das gesamte Verzeichnis
> nach dem Wort "keine" durchsucht.

[.tried to change the text of a message in LanguageDe.php but the
original text is still displayed]

You should normally not edit the Language*.php files; they are used to
initialise the database on installation, but the text is pulled from
the database at runtime. If you simply edit the file, the change is not
reflected in your wiki.

Instead, edit the MediaWiki: pages in the wiki. You can get an overview
table at Special:Allmessages which has edit links for each message.

For more detail please see:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_localization

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: mystisch [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:20:51PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> You should normally not edit the Language*.php files; they are used to
> initialise the database on installation, but the text is pulled from
> the database at runtime. If you simply edit the file, the change is not
> reflected in your wiki.
>
> Instead, edit the MediaWiki: pages in the wiki. You can get an overview
> table at Special:Allmessages which has edit links for each message.

This was hugely confusing to me also at first. May I suggest that you
add a note to that effect to a comment at the top of each of these
files? I think that would save a lot of confusion for first-time
mediawiki hackers.

---
Bob the Hamster
Re: mystisch [ In reply to ]
On Nov 18, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Bob the Hamster wrote:
> This was hugely confusing to me also at first. May I suggest that you
> add a note to that effect to a comment at the top of each of these
> files? I think that would save a lot of confusion for first-time
> mediawiki hackers.

When you install a new wiki, the main page looks like this:

Wiki software successfully installed.

Please see [http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_i18n
documentation on customizing the interface] and the
[http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User%27s_Guide User's Guide]
for usage and configuration help.

The linked pages explain how this works. I'd _like_ to hope that most
people look at their wiki before they go tinkering in the source code,
but perhaps this is too much to hope for. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)