Mailing List Archive

Allowing users to read all pages in a Category/Namespace
Hello,
I recently started tinkering with MediaWiki, and I have a special case
that I couldn't find a solution to on the MetaWiki:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Preventing_Access

I want to make a "HOWTOs" section on my wiki, and I want all anonymous
users to be able to read just that section, but not other sections'
pages. One method I thought would work was to create a
"Category:HOWTOs" and add pages into there, and then specify that
category be world readable:

# Pages anonymous (not-logged-in) users may see
$wgWhitelistRead = array ("Main Page", "Special:Userlogin",
"Wikipedia:Help", "Category:HOWTOs");

However this doesn't allow pages in the HOWTOs category to be seen
anonymously. I tried using a wildcard operator ' * ', but that didn't
work either.

Thanks for any help.