SELECT
user_name,user_password,user_newpassword,user_email,user_real_name,user_opti
ons,user_rights,user_touched FROM user WHERE user_id=2

from within function "User::loadFromDatabase". MySQL returned error "1054:
Unknown column 'user_real_name' in 'field list'".

And xxxx/config say ok everything is right :-(

Do you have any idea

Regards
Re: MediaWiki 1.3.7 upgrade probleme from 1.2.6 [ In reply to ]
On Oct 22, 2004, at 1:08 AM, Eric JESOVER wrote:
> I've an upgrade probleme from 1.2.6
> Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\doc\includes\Setup.php on line 92

Are you running on IIS? Occasionally it doesn't do things the way
Apache does, apparently it doesn't set that variable. It's a debug
statement anyway, just put a '#' at the beginning to comment it out or
just remove it.

> A database query syntax error has occurred. This could be because of an
> illegal search query (see $5), or it may indicate a bug in the
> software. The
> last attempted database query was:
>
> SELECT
> user_name,user_password,user_newpassword,user_email,user_real_name,user
> _opti
> ons,user_rights,user_touched FROM user WHERE user_id=2
>
> from within function "User::loadFromDatabase". MySQL returned error
> "1054:
> Unknown column 'user_real_name' in 'field list'".
>
> And xxxx/config say ok everything is right :-(

I tried installing a fresh 1.2.6 wiki and upgrading it to 1.3.7, and
can't reproduce the problem. (PHP 4.3.8, MySQL 4.0.20, running with
Apache on Mac OS X.) The user table was updated to include the
user_real_name field, so it ought to be ok.

If somehow that and that alone has been skipped over, you might try
manually upgrading the table; take the query from
maintenance/archive/patch-user-realname.sql and feed it into MySQL:

-- Add a 'real name' field where users can specify the name they want
-- used for author attribution or other places that real names matter.

ALTER TABLE user
ADD (user_real_name varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default '');

The output from config/index.php during the upgrade looked like this:

MediaWiki 1.3.7 installation

Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation
problems.

Checking environment...

• PHP 4.3.8: ok
• Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will
work correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential
security vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server.
You should disable it if you are able.
• PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
• Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
• PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may
fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
• Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
• Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
• Installation directory: /Users/brion/Sites/mediawiki-1.3.7
• Script URI path: /~brion/mediawiki-1.3.7
• Connected as root (automatic)
• Connected to database... 4.0.20-standard; enabling MySQL 4
enhancements
• Database testyfun exists
• There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
updates are needed...
...ipblocks is up to date.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...have linkscc table.
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
...have hitcounter table.
Adding rc_ip...ok
Converting links table to ID-ID...
Updating schema (no rows to convert)...
Dropping temporary links table if it exists... done.
Creating temporary links table... done.

Dropping backup links table if it exists... done.
Swapping tables 'links' to 'links_backup'; 'links_temp' to 'links'...
done.

Conversion complete. The old table remains at links_backup;
delete at your leisure.
Adding user_real_name field to table user...ok
Adding querycache table for slow special pages... ok
Adding objectcache table for message caching... ok
Adding categorylinks table for category management... ok
Creating redirects
Gnunote...redirected
All_messages...redirected

Moving pages...
Gnunote...moved
All_messages...moved

Converting text...
Initialising "MediaWiki" namespace...
Clearing message cache...Done.

• Finished update checks.

Creating LocalSettings.php...

Success! Move the LocalSettings.php file into the parent directory,
then follow this link to your wiki.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)