What is wrong with this solution?

Thanks for your attention!

Markus
Re: customizing: change navigation menu on the left [ In reply to ]
On Oct 21, 2004, at 12:33 AM, Markus Klaus Schäffauer wrote:
> When I go back to the mainpage, the link changes from "Wiki Forum"
> back to "Wikimedia-Portal". When I click on the link, it nevertheless
> takes me to the Wiki:Forum, and the Link is changing to "Wiki Forum".
> The same story repeating ad infinitum, is to say: the link oscilates
> between "Portal" and "Forum".
>
> What is wrong with this solution?

Did you clear your browser cache after making the change?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: customizing: change navigation menu on the left [ In reply to ]
I had the EXACT same problem Markus described - specifically, the link
on the Main Page never changed to reflect the changes I made (it
showed up correctly on other pages), even though I cleared my cache
and all. After a few hours however it did start working on the main
page too. So I'm not sure if it was a local cache problem or not
(especially since I used two different computers to test).

My suggestion Markus would be to try clearing the cache again,
visiting with a different browser etc. and waiting for a bit. At least
that's what it did for me :)

--
Taneem Talukdar
http://www.dheo.com/