"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take
everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government
grows, liberty decreases." -- Thomas Jefferson
Re: Uploaded files borked after installation. Please help! [ In reply to ]
On Oct 15, 2004, at 10:11 AM, David Coppit wrote:
> After upgrading my version of MediaWiki, my images directory was
> somehow
> corrupted. I tried replacing the files from backup, but that didn't
> work
> for some reason. (Sorry, this was a while ago.)
>
> I re-uploaded all my files, but now the links in my wiki pages don't
> point
> to the same paths in my upload directory. How can I fix this? Do I
> have to
> run md5sum on all my files, and update the md5 in the database?

You need to be more specific. Where _are_ your files? What _are_ the
paths in the links? How do they differ?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Uploaded files borked after installation. Please help! [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Brion Vibber wrote:

> You need to be more specific. Where _are_ your files? What _are_ the
> paths in the links? How do they differ?

For example, on the "Image List" special page:

http://www.cs.wm.edu/%7Ecoppit/wiki/images/b/be/issta_2004_bounded_exhaustive_testing.pdf

And it's there in the filesystem as it should be. The source for the wiki
page has:

Media:issta_2004_bounded_exhaustive_testing.pdf

But this turns into:

http://www.cs.wm.edu/%7Ecoppit/wiki/images/2/2d/Issta_2004_bounded_exhaustive_testing.pdf

in the wiki HTML.

Something seems out of sync.

David

David Coppit david@coppit.org
The College of William and Mary http://coppit.org/

Re: Uploaded files borked after installation. Please help! [ In reply to ]
On Oct 15, 2004, at 2:00 PM, David Coppit wrote:
> For example, on the "Image List" special page:
>

> http://www.cs.wm.edu/%7Ecoppit/wiki/images/b/be/
> issta_2004_bounded_exhaustive_testing.pdf
[snip]
> But this turns into:
>

> http://www.cs.wm.edu/%7Ecoppit/wiki/images/2/2d/
> Issta_2004_bounded_exhaustive_testing.pdf

Did your wiki previously use the nonstandard option:
$wgCapitalLinks = false;

If it did not, I'm not sure how you would have ever gotten lowercase
letters in there using the wiki.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Uploaded files borked after installation. Please help! [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Did your wiki previously use the nonstandard option:
> $wgCapitalLinks = false;
>
> If it did not, I'm not sure how you would have ever gotten lowercase letters
> in there using the wiki.

Ah, thanks! I had forgotten that setting when I upgraded, and didn't
notice the change in case. I updated the wiki pages and all is well
again.