When I write, for example, [[C++]] as link, this don't give me a correct link. Is this a bug or there is a solution?
Thank

Giovanni Putignano
Re: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:41:55 +0200, Giovanni <gputignano@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've set up a wiki about programming.
> When I write, for example, [[C++]] as link, this don't give me a correct link. Is this a bug or there is a solution?

Neither. Article names containing certain characters are not allowed,
because they would be misinterpretted by the server and/or browser,
potential leading to bugs or even security breaches. +, for instance,
is used in URLs to represent a space, so the URL "...path/to/wiki/C++"
would be interprettes as "...path/to/wiki/C"

The English Wikipedia uses the name [[C Plus Plus]] for its article on
the language, and adds a template explaining that this is not the
"correct" title. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_%28technical_restrictions%29
which includes a list of disallowed characters.
--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]
Re: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
On Oct 7, 2004, at 9:41 AM, Giovanni wrote:
> Hi,
> I've set up a wiki about programming.
> When I write, for example, [[C++]] as link, this don't give me a
> correct link. Is this a bug or there is a solution?

The + character is not currently allowed in page titles. It might or
might not work if you add it to the legal title chars (see Title.php);
there may be escaping/unescaping issues or those may have been resolved
in the past.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the answer.
It could be better to find an alternative solution to this problem. I'm the
only that need this feature?
Besides I need other sintax as C#, for example.
Excuse me for my bad english.

Giovanni putignano
Re: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
On Oct 7, 2004, at 11:33 AM, Giovanni wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
> It could be better to find an alternative solution to this problem.
> I'm the
> only that need this feature?
> Besides I need other sintax as C#, for example.
> Excuse me for my bad english.

That definitely won't work, as # is reserved for specifying "anchor"
positions on a page. Blame Microsoft for choosing a web-unfriendly
name. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
Ok,
Plus Plus stay for ++, what for #? diesis is ok? Or what?

Giovanni Putignano
RE: Special character in links [ In reply to ]
Usually "C Sharp" is used for C#.