Maybe something in LocalSettings.php to turn it on?
Thank you.

-June
Re: Using timeline [ In reply to ]
On Sep 29, 2004, at 3:35 PM, June Kim wrote:
> How can I use EasyTimeline in MediaWiki? I have Easytimeline.pl and
> Ploticus installed and still the <timeline> </timeline> tags are
> ignored. I'm using MediaWiki-1.3.4, PHP 4.3.8, and MySQL 4.0.21.
> Maybe something in LocalSettings.php to turn it on?
> Thank you.

See the note at the top of extensions/timeline/Timeline.php. Basically
you add something like this into LocalSettings.php:
require_once 'extensions/timeline/Timeline.php';

then if necessary copy & modify the lines there that set the paths to
ploticus and perl.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Using timeline [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2004, at 3:35 PM, June Kim wrote:
>
>> How can I use EasyTimeline in MediaWiki? I have Easytimeline.pl and
>> Ploticus installed and still the <timeline> </timeline> tags are
>> ignored. I'm using MediaWiki-1.3.4, PHP 4.3.8, and MySQL 4.0.21.
>> Maybe something in LocalSettings.php to turn it on?
>> Thank you.
>

> See the note at the top of extensions/timeline/Timeline.php. Basically
> you add something like this into LocalSettings.php:
> require_once 'extensions/timeline/Timeline.php';
>
> then if necessary copy & modify the lines there that set the paths to
> ploticus and perl.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

I don't have the "timeline" directory under "extensions".
Only the following has been extracted from mediawiki-1.3.4.tar.gz:

BoardVote/ README SiteMatrix.php UnicodeConverter.php tidy/

Do I need to download it somewhere else?

-June
Re: Using timeline [ In reply to ]
On Sep 29, 2004, at 4:05 PM, June Kim wrote:
> I don't have the "timeline" directory under "extensions".
> Only the following has been extracted from mediawiki-1.3.4.tar.gz:
>
> BoardVote/ README SiteMatrix.php UnicodeConverter.php tidy/

That's odd; that directory's supposed to be completely empty in the
main distribution except for the README. I'll have to fix that... :(

> Do I need to download it somewhere else?

I would have thought it would be included with the perl script.
Apparently Erik's separate distribution doesn't include it, however.
You can grab the latest version at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/wikipedia/extensions/
timeline/Timeline.php

We haven't yet packaged up the extensions for convenient download, but
you can pull all the extension code from our anonymous CVS repository,
module name 'extensions'. (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=34373)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)