Mailing List Archive

running mediawiki without Apache Mod
Is there anyway I can get pretty urls without Apache Mod? My host just moved me to another server to keep my going for a couple of weeks until I can find a new host. They are going to change it to the CGI API and install phpexec in a couple of weeks on this server too. I love them to death, and I don't want to leave them.

Btw, they are www.doorhost.net, and I highly recommend them for everything except mediawiki :).

-Moonlight Embrace
Re: running mediawiki without Apache Mod [ In reply to ]
On Sep 21, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Moonlight Embrace wrote:
> Is there anyway I can get pretty urls without Apache Mod? My host just
> moved me to another server to keep my going for a couple of weeks
> until I can find a new host. They are going to change it to the CGI
> API and install phpexec in a couple of weeks on this server too. I
> love them to death, and I don't want to leave them.

www.doorhost.net seems to be running Apache, so it's probably possible
to set up mod_rewrite rules unless they've got to the trouble of not
including that module in their configuration.

Have you asked them specifically about that? If there's not a
user-accessible way for you to do it they may be able to configure it
for you.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)