Mailing List Archive

backing up database
I have to move my database to another server, yes, it's corrupt, but there seems to be no way to move only the current pages, so, how do I backup and move my database?

I've tried exporting from phpmyadmin but I only get the first four tables. How do i get the entire thing?
Re: backing up database [ In reply to ]
On Sep 18, 2004, at 3:56 AM, Moonlight Embrace wrote:
> I have to move my database to another server, yes, it's corrupt, but
> there seems to be no way to move only the current pages, so, how do I
> backup and move my database?
>
> I've tried exporting from phpmyadmin but I only get the first four
> tables. How do i get the entire thing?

The current revisions are in the 'cur' table.

Make sure you've tried running REPAIR TABLES on the tables you're
experiencing errors with. Also look up the error codes for more
information (normally I'd say use the 'perror' command, but you may
have to look it up online or something if you don't have shell access
on a machine with mysql).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: backing up database [ In reply to ]
On Sep 18, 2004, at 4:19 AM, Moonlight Embrace wrote:
>> The current revisions are in the 'cur' table.
>
> Can I just upload the cur table in a fresh install? Is it linked to
> anything? Does it require information from other tables?

The cur_user references should match the user_id values in the user
table.

You probably want to rebuild the search index and link tables
afterwards; this can be done with the rebuildall.php script in
maintenance/ (must be run from the command line; you should create an
AdminSettings.php based on AdminSettings.sample prior to running it.)

Also if you've customized the MediaWiki: messages you may need to clear
the objectcache table after loading in the updated cur.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: backing up database [ In reply to ]