1.3.3 Unicode problem
i write a page title containing Turkish characters in the title bar of the
Internet Explorer and press enter. the page opened contains some other
characters instead of turkish ones. in opera there is no problem. I have
look in to source but can't understand what the function
checkTitleEncoding does in Language.php and Languageutf8.php.
$wgInputEncoding and $wgOutputEncoding is set to "UTF-8". How can i
overcome this problem.
Re: 1.3.3 Unicode problem [ In reply to ]
On Sep 14, 2004, at 11:42 AM, koray wrote:
> i write a page title containing Turkish characters in the title bar of
> the Internet Explorer and press enter. the page opened contains some
> other characters instead of turkish ones. in opera there is no
> problem. I have look in to source but can't understand what the
> function checkTitleEncoding does in Language.php and Languageutf8.php.
> $wgInputEncoding and $wgOutputEncoding is set to "UTF-8". How can i
> overcome this problem.

Internet Explorer has an option "Always send URLs as UTF-8". Try
turning it on if it's not already. Does that help?

Also try making a stub LanguageTr.php that looks like this:

<?php

require_once( 'LanguageUtf8.php' );

class LanguageTr extends LanguageUtf8 {
function fallback8bitEncoding() {
return "windows-1254";
}
}

?>

Drop it into languages/ and set $wgLanguageCode = "tr"; in
LocalSettings.php. This will only work if you have iconv support
compiled into PHP; otherwise it will behave the same as the default.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)