Mailing List Archive

Direct links
If I upload an html file to the MediaWiki, it treats it like a media item - a link to the file takes me to a page which shows revision history rather than the page itself. Is there a syntax to link directly to the page?
Re: Direct links [ In reply to ]
On Sep 13, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Rutledge Shawn-E50053 wrote:
> If I upload an html file to the MediaWiki, it treats it like a media
> item - a link to the file takes me to a page which shows revision
> history rather than the page itself. Is there a syntax to link
> directly to the page?

[[media:foobar.html]]

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Direct links [ In reply to ]
On Monday 13 September 2004 03:13 pm, Brion Vibber wrote:
> [[media:foobar.html]]

Duh. Sorry to bother the list with it.
Re: Direct links [ In reply to ]
On 2004, Sep 13, a , at 15:13, Brion Vibber wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Rutledge Shawn-E50053 wrote:
>> If I upload an html file to the MediaWiki, it treats it like a media
>> item - a link to the file takes me to a page which shows revision
>> history rather than the page itself. Is there a syntax to link
>> directly to the page?
>
> [[media:foobar.html]]

Ah, great, I'd been about to ask about that, for html etc. Except, I'm
not being able to upload html files, either. I've got DefaultSettings
reading:
$wgFileExtensions = array( "png", "jpg", "jpeg", "ogg", "htm", "html",
"pdf", "gif" );
And I've de-commented the disable in LocalSettings. The other file
types work just fine, including the other ones I added, gif and pdf,
but I can't get html files to work, it just tells me that ' ".html" is
not a recommended image file format. '

Do you know what I'm missing?

-Aidan
Re: Direct links [ In reply to ]
On Sep 17, 2004, at 10:50 PM, Aidan wrote:
> And I've de-commented the disable in LocalSettings. The other file
> types work just fine, including the other ones I added, gif and pdf,
> but I can't get html files to work, it just tells me that ' ".html" is
> not a recommended image file format. '

.html is in the extension blacklist, since arbitrary HTML files can be
used in cross-site scripting attacks to try to grab session and saved
password cookies and such.

If you're sure you want to allow it, remove it from the blacklist.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)