from 1.2 or previous.

Perhaps this is so obvious I'm not seeing it?

Craig Hartel.
Re: Upgrade to Version 1.3.3 problem. [ In reply to ]
Craig Hartel wrote:
> I started with 1.3.2, and I'm trying to upgrade to 1.3.3. I'm frustrated
> because the UPGRADE document essentially tells me nothing. I have no
> idea how to upgrade the software. I read the INSTALL document, and it
> says for upgrading, see UPGRADE, which, as I've already mentioned,
> basically only talks about upgrading from 1.2 or previous.
>
> Perhaps this is so obvious I'm not seeing it?

1. Backup all your files and your database.
2. Extract the files over the previous files.
3. If you made changes to the previous files, merge your changes into
the new files.
4. Try it out and make sure it's running correctly.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Upgrade to Version 1.3.3 problem. [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Craig Hartel wrote:
>
>> I started with 1.3.2, and I'm trying to upgrade to 1.3.3. I'm
>> frustrated because the UPGRADE document essentially tells me nothing.
>> I have no idea how to upgrade the software. I read the INSTALL
>> document, and it says for upgrading, see UPGRADE, which, as I've
>> already mentioned, basically only talks about upgrading from 1.2 or
>> previous.
>>
>> Perhaps this is so obvious I'm not seeing it?
>

> 1. Backup all your files and your database.
> 2. Extract the files over the previous files.
> 3. If you made changes to the previous files, merge your changes into
> the new files.
> 4. Try it out and make sure it's running correctly.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Brion,

Thank you for the speedy response.
I did the four steps listed and received this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _phptal_os_path_join() in
C:\Apache2\htdocs\wiki\Parser.php on line 24

Very strange.
Craig.
Re: Upgrade to Version 1.3.3 problem. [ In reply to ]
Craig Hartel wrote:
> Thank you for the speedy response.
> I did the four steps listed and received this error:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _phptal_os_path_join() in
> C:\Apache2\htdocs\wiki\Parser.php on line 24

You seem to have somehow flattened the directory structure. That file
should be ...wiki\PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0\libs\PHPTAL\Parser.php, not to be
confused with ...wiki\includes\Parser.php.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Upgrade to Version 1.3.3 problem. [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Craig Hartel wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the speedy response.
>> I did the four steps listed and received this error:
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _phptal_os_path_join() in
>> C:\Apache2\htdocs\wiki\Parser.php on line 24
>

> You seem to have somehow flattened the directory structure. That file
> should be ...wiki\PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0\libs\PHPTAL\Parser.php, not to be
> confused with ...wiki\includes\Parser.php.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Brion,

Ah! It was my mistake...I managed to somehow screw up what should have been a
simple copy/paste routine.

Everything is working just fine now. "PEBCAK" - Problem existed between chair
and keyboard! :P

Thanks again for your helpful and patient reply.

Craig Hartel.
Re: Upgrade to Version 1.3.3 problem. [ In reply to ]
> 2. Extract the files over the previous files.
I know I am a dumb guy, but I have to ask how to do step 2 ??
tar ???