Mailing List Archive

Arbitrary setting of image folder
Why does it, one moment set the 5/51, and then the next upload, it places it
at an arbitrary d/d2? I am thoroughly confused.
Re: Arbitrary setting of image folder [ In reply to ]
heidialyssa wrote:
> Why does it, one moment set the 5/51, and then the next upload, it places it
> at an arbitrary d/d2? I am thoroughly confused.

Different filenames?

The subfolder is the first two hexadecimal digits of the MD5 hash of the
filename.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Arbitrary setting of image folder [ In reply to ]
> heidialyssa wrote:
>> Why does it, one moment set the 5/51, and then the next upload, it places it
>> at an arbitrary d/d2? I am thoroughly confused.
>
> Different filenames?
>
> The subfolder is the first two hexadecimal digits of the MD5 hash of the
> filename.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Brion? I have no idea what that means:)

$wgUploadPath = "$wgScriptPath/images/5/51";
$wgUploadDirectory = "$IP/images/5/51";
$wgLogo = "$wgUploadPath/wiki.png";
$wgStockPath = $wgUploadPath;

Is what I set. Is that incorrect?
Re: Arbitrary setting of image folder [ In reply to ]
Heidi Shanklin wrote:
> Brion? I have no idea what that means:)

Well, you asked. :)

> $wgUploadPath = "$wgScriptPath/images/5/51";
> $wgUploadDirectory = "$IP/images/5/51";
> $wgLogo = "$wgUploadPath/wiki.png";
> $wgStockPath = $wgUploadPath;
>
> Is what I set. Is that incorrect?

Normally you should have this:

$wgUploadPath = "$wgScriptPath/images";
$wgUploadDirectory = "$IP/images";
$wgLogo = "$wgUploadPath/wiki.png";
$wgStockPath = $wgUploadPath;

The additional subdirectories (such as 5/51 or d/d8) are added after the
main path by the wiki, and is different for each file that is uploaded.
If you put "5/51" directly into the defined path, it's going to try to
put Wyoming.png in images/5/51/5/51 and other things in eg images/5/51/d/d8.

The images directory has to be writable by the web server (something
like 'chmod a+w images' may be necessary) but if it's not you should be
seeing error messages and it shouldn't be logging successful uploads.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)