Thanks once again.

--
Gaurav Chaturvedi
Re: Thanks & Kinda Slow? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:16:46 -0400, Gaurav Chaturvedi <mesaana@gmail.com> wrote:
> Secondly, is there any discussion board out there that can be created
> for MediaWiki support rather than just a mailing list? If not, can I
> create one where people can post questions, etc. (i'd take on all the
> responsibilities/money for domain/hosting etc. since I own a server).

Well, there isn't a discussion board in the usual sense of the word,
but there is http://meta.wikimedia.org (a wiki for discussing, among
other things, the MediaWiki software). With that and this mailing
list, it might be a bit confusing to have a messageboard as well, and
the developers (who would need to be on hand to answer the more
complicated questions) have another mailing list too, and hang out in
#mediawiki on irc.freenode.net, so it might stretch them rather.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]
Re: Thanks & Kinda Slow? [ In reply to ]
Rowan Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:16:46 -0400, Gaurav Chaturvedi <mesaana@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Secondly, is there any discussion board out there that can be created
>>for MediaWiki support rather than just a mailing list? If not, can I
>>create one where people can post questions, etc. (i'd take on all the
>>responsibilities/money for domain/hosting etc. since I own a server).
>

> Well, there isn't a discussion board in the usual sense of the word,
> but there is http://meta.wikimedia.org (a wiki for discussing, among
> other things, the MediaWiki software). With that and this mailing
> list, it might be a bit confusing to have a messageboard as well, and
> the developers (who would need to be on hand to answer the more
> complicated questions) have another mailing list too, and hang out in
> #mediawiki on irc.freenode.net, so it might stretch them rather.

Lo,