Mailing List Archive

Title not appearing correctly
Hi Brion,
Thanks for the insights.
Sorry for asking basic questions, but how do I edit
the Special:Allmessages page?

Jimmy Apple wrote:
> Do you know how I can change that? Where are the
> interface messages that I have to edit?

See [[Special:Allmessages]] on your wiki.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
Re: Title not appearing correctly [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Apple wrote:
> Hi Brion,
> Thanks for the insights.
> Sorry for asking basic questions, but how do I edit
> the Special:Allmessages page?

Special:Allmessages shows a big table; each row is one of the wiki's
user interface messages.

The first column has the name and a link to the editable MediaWiki: page
where you can edit it. (You must be logged in with the sysop account to
edit these pages.)

The second column shows the raw default text for that message.

The third column shows the current text of that message. If it's been
changed from the default, the row background shows in a distinct color.
(Some messages may be "changed" because values like the site name were
filled in automatically at install time.)

Note that the second column may show the wrong value in 1.3.1, this is
fixed in 1.3.2.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)