Can I make certain pages viewable _only_ by Administrators or operators?

Thanks in advance, take care.

- Abdon
Re: Admin only pages [ In reply to ]
abdong@sillypages.com wrote:
> I'm sure this has gone around the block before, but after a cursory search
> through the archives I could not find it :(
>
> Can I make certain pages viewable _only_ by Administrators or operators?

It's highly recommended that you not do this. MediaWiki is designed for
open access, and there are very likely ways around restrictions to read
access of pages.

Never, ever, ever put sensitive information in a wiki that's not
protected from the *outside*.

Think of it like a book: if you hand out the book and say "don't look at
page 63!" it's not going to protect you very much. ;) Put your secret
information in a distinct book, and keep that book locked up (for
instance in a password-protected portion of your site)

If you must try this, check the whitelist options (see info in
DefaultSettings.php)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)