Mailing List Archive

upgrade causing errors (1.2->1.3.1)
I had to do a manual upgrade. I put in all the relevant info, and
double-checked accuracy. When I try to run the wiki, I get the
following errors:

__________
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
.../includes/User.php on line 90

90 foreach ($wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault as $nsnum => $val) {
91 $this->mOptions['searchNs'.$nsnum] = $val;
92 }

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
.../includes/Setup.php on line 254

254 foreach ( $wgExtensionFunctions as $func ) {
255 $func();
256 }

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at ...includes/User.php:90) in
.../includes/OutputPage.php on line 329

327 if( $this->mRedirectCode == '301') {
328 if( !$wgDebugRedirects ) {
329 header("HTTP/1.1 {$this->mRedirectCode} Moved Permanently");
330 }
331 $this->mLastModified = gmdate( "D, j M Y H:i:s" ) . " GMT";
332 }
__________

The Wiki was working just fine before all this. What the hell is going
on? Thank you for your assisstance.

Ash
Re: upgrade causing errors (1.2->1.3.1) [ In reply to ]
Ashami wrote:
> I had to do a manual upgrade. I put in all the relevant info, and
> double-checked accuracy. When I try to run the wiki, I get the following
> errors:
> __________
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> .../includes/User.php on line 90
[snip]

What exactly did you do to upgrade? Can you provide the output from the
installer?

Note that you CANNOT just copy the old LocalSettings.php from 1.2.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
upgrade causing errors (1.2->1.3.1) [ In reply to ]
> What exactly did you do to upgrade?
> Can you provide the output from the installer?

I uploaded via FTP to the server and ran the install program. After
running it, this is the text I get with my notes in [brackets]:

• Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
/home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/wiki/install-utils.inc on line 26

• PHP 4.3.3: ok
• Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. [actually, it
has been disabled, but continues to report this] MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential
security vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server.
You should disable it if you are able.
• Warning: PHP's safe mode is active! [actually, it's off, but
continues to report this] You will likely have problems caused by this.
You may need to make the 'images' subdirectory writable or specify a
TMP environment variable pointing to a writable temporary directory
owned by you, since safe mode breaks the system temporary directory.
• PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
• Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
• PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may
fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... failed.
• Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
• Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
• Installation directory: /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/wiki
• Script URI path: /wiki
• Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure

Note that you CANNOT just copy the old LocalSettings.php from 1.2.

I didn't copy the file. I simply filled in the new LocalSettings.php by
hand...the installer doesn't create a new LocalSettings.php when I run
it.
___________
Re: upgrade causing errors (1.2->1.3.1) [ In reply to ]
Ashami wrote:
> > What exactly did you do to upgrade?
> > Can you provide the output from the installer?
>
> I uploaded via FTP to the server and ran the install program. After
> running it, this is the text I get with my notes in [brackets]:
>
> • Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode
> in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/wiki/install-utils.inc on line 26
^^^^^^^
This is a bad sign. Conversion may fail.

> • PHP 4.3.3: ok
> • Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled.
> [actually, it has been disabled, but continues to report this]
^^^^^^^^
If it reports that it's on, it's most likely on. Can you confirm that
it's off by writing a script that tries to use global parameters?

> • Warning: PHP's safe mode is active! [actually, it's off, but
> continues to report this]

Can you confirm it's off by writing a script that violates safe mode
restrictions and running it?

> You will likely have problems caused by this.
> You may need to make the 'images' subdirectory writable or specify a
> TMP environment variable pointing to a writable temporary directory
> owned by you, since safe mode breaks the system temporary directory.
^^^^^^^
This is a bad sign. Be sure to follow the directions here.

> • PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may
> fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... failed.
^^^^^^^
This is a bad sign; updating and conversion may fail.

> • Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure
^^^^^^^
No further output? Your upgrade has failed. The database conversion may
or may not be complete, and you have no LocalSettings.php.

> > Note that you CANNOT just copy the old LocalSettings.php from 1.2.
>
> I didn't copy the file. I simply filled in the new LocalSettings.php by
> hand...the installer doesn't create a new LocalSettings.php when I run it.

Most likely you've created the LocalSettings.php file incorrectly. Check
the include path and **make sure you're loading DefaultSettings.php**.
Read in config/index.php for the exact code it would be producing.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)