Can anybody give me some advice to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Collin
Re: Why only a small fraction of text(in preferences) is displayed in Chinese and all others are still in English ? [ In reply to ]
Collin Hsu wrote:
> It happens as an side effect after I made some alteration to wiki PHP code.
>
> I am sure that the varialbe $wgLanguageCode has been set to appropriate
> language code(i.e. "zh" for Chinese) and the variable 's runtime value
> equals to "zh" as it is defined.
>
> However all the text on the UI are still English, except for a small
> fraction of text in user preferences are Chinese.
>
> BTW: Wiki's version is 1.3.0 beta.
>
> Can anybody give me some advice to solve this problem?

Run the rebuildMessages.php script in the maintenance directory. (Has to
be done from the command line; you have to create a dummy
AdminSettings.php file also.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
RE: Why only a small fraction of text(in preferences)is displayed in Chinese and all others are still in English ? [ In reply to ]
>Run the rebuildMessages.php script in the maintenance directory. (Has to be
done from the command line; you have to create a >dummy AdminSettings.php
file also.)

a.o. My wiki is running on a virtual host, so I can't run the script from
command line.

Is there some way else to fix it?

Thank you!

Collin
RE: RE: RE: Why only a small fraction of text(in preferences)is displayed in Chinese and all others are still in English ? [ In reply to ]
Dear Brion,

Thank you for your helps!

I 've tried as you adviced, it remains the same.

I find out that the problem is probably caused by failing to import
LanguageZh.php to override those are defined in Language.php, because when I
open the wiki in my browser , it always leads me to "Main_Page" not
appropriate mainpage as defined in the LanguageZh.php.

Would it possible to fix the problem?

Appreiciate very much!

Collin Hsu

RE: RE: RE: Why only a small fraction of text(inpreferences)is displayed in Chinese and all others are still inEnglish ? [ In reply to ]
I 've fixed the problem!

The problem is I was running rebuildMessages.php with altered Wiki PHP
files.

Rewrite all the wiki PHP files with orginal files before run
rebuildMessages.php and the problem will be fixed.

Thank you!

Collin