Cheers,

kerim
http://wiki.oxus.net/
Re: Log-in only? [ In reply to ]
It's this code in LocalSettings.php - we have ours set the way you're
talking about:

## Configured so anyone can browse, only those with accounts can edit,
and only the
## WikiSysop can create new accounts (change developer to 1 if you want
anyone with
## an account to be able to create other accounts)

$wgWhitelistEdit = true;
$wgWhitelistRead = false;
$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( "user" => 0, "sysop" => 1, "developer" =>
0 );

Michelle

Re: Log-in only? [ In reply to ]
Michelle,

Thanks! Turns out the first line is all that I need. I believe the
third line, the way you have it set up, means that only people with
SysOp privileges can edit pages, which is a higher level of protection
than I (currently) need.

Cheers,

kerim

Re: Log-in only? [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I see your notes explain that the third line is about who can
create accounts. (Once I got your message I had looked in
DefaultSettings.php where it isn't clearly explained at present.) I
also (finally!) found the Meta page where all this is laid out very
clearly:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki

Sometimes you have to know what you are looking for before you can find
it!

Cheers,

kerim