here."

Thanks,

kerim
Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]

Please see http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_namespace

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]
Brion,

Thanks for the link. It took me a long time, but I think I figured out
that this text is the "copyrightwarning" message. However, I don't seem
to be able to find any associated web page on my wiki, such as
Special:copyrightwarning or KerimWiki:copyrightwarning. Am I missing
something?

kerim

Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:24:16 -0400, P. Kerim friedman
<kerim.mail@oxus.net> wrote:
> Brion,
>
> Thanks for the link. It took me a long time, but I think I figured out
> that this text is the "copyrightwarning" message. However, I don't seem
> to be able to find any associated web page on my wiki, such as
> Special:copyrightwarning or KerimWiki:copyrightwarning. Am I missing
> something?
>
> kerim

It should be "MediaWiki:copyrightwarning". The name of that namespace
never changes, as far as I know. Unless you have the "database
messages" option turned off, in which case you need to find it
somewhere in your Language.php.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]
Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 28 July 2004 16:24, P. Kerim friedman wrote:
> Brion,
>
> Thanks for the link. It took me a long time, but I think I figured out
> that this text is the "copyrightwarning" message. However, I don't seem
> to be able to find any associated web page on my wiki, such as
> Special:copyrightwarning or KerimWiki:copyrightwarning. Am I missing
> something?

You're looking for Mediwiki:copyrightwarning

You also have to set $wgUseDatabaseMessages in LocalSettings, IIRC. This was
undomcumented when I tried to do it, and creates a nice banging the head
against the wall effect until you find it out.

Cheers,
Calum
Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]
That is, of course, Mediawiki:copyrightwarning

Duh.
Re: Edit the text under the edit box. [ In reply to ]
Thanks. Mediawiki:copyrightwarning did the trick. I didn't have to
chage my LocalSettings (I'm using the latest build of MediaWiki.)

Cheers,

kerim