Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Joint Statement on Palestine
Kaya

There is nothing I want more than peace, prosperity, and the freedom of
everyone everywhere to contribute. I'm wondering what specific actions this
statement is trying to achieve. The WMF has supported a call for access to
the internet. None of the Projects are systemically deleting content on
Palestine nor is The Wikimedia Foundation requesting that knowledge be
removed. The movement is just the sum of the effort us volunteers choose
to put in.

As for what is being written on the projects themselves, we contributors
are neutral and present all sides of the story without undue weight, the
WMF has no editorial control over that. In all conflicts accurate,
reliable, real time reporting is lost as every side has an agenda including
those reporting in the moment which is why we dont allow Original Research.

So who decides what is accurate, what is impartial after the adoption of
these statements