Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Dicussing the future of budget planning and funds distribution in the Wikiverse
Dear all,

over the last few weeks there have been many ongoing conversations about
the current state of funds distribution in the Wikiverse and what a process
built on subsidiarity and a more open planning phase could look like. The
CEE Hub has been having discussions with the Wikimedia Foundation involving
Steering Committee members and staff of the CEE Hub concerning this topic -
for transparency reasons we have published a possible version of how
regional networks and affiliates could/should be involved in funds
distribution and budget planning.[1]

Depending on the final version of the Movement Charter, parameters or
responsible entities might change within our suggestion, but the basic
principles of information flow from the bottom to the top of decision
making, and a more collaborative and open approach to budget planning,
would remain unchanged.

We hope this document can help further a conversation about the future
roles, relationships and representation that we want to share in Wikimedia.

Best regards,
Philip

-------
[1]: