Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Re: The announcement of the winners of Wiki Loves Monuments 2023 has started...!
Thank you Suyash, and I hope you and everyone that has been following the
announcements enjoyed the show as much as we did when receiving and
reviewing the images.

Our congratulations go out to Mona Hassan Abo-Abda, who won first prize in
Wiki Loves Monuments 2023 with a stunning photograph
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Giza_Pyramids_during_%22Forever_is_Now%22_exhibition.jpg>
from the 'Forever is now' exhibition with in the background the Giza
pyramids in Egypt, and to all the other winners and honourable mentions.
Our thanks go out to the international jury, the national teams (46 this
year!) and all other volunteers and staff who, in so many different ways,
all join in organizing Wiki Loves Monuments every year.

All international winners can be found in the 2023 winners gallery on our
WLM website
<https://www.wikilovesmonuments.org/presenting-the-2023-winners-from-the-worlds-largest-photo-contest/?theme=wlm_2020>;
more about the stories behind the monuments and photographs is narrated in this
blog
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2024/03/26/time-stands-still-the-winners-of-wiki-loves-monuments-2023/>
on Diff.

Best,