Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Research on association of new members in mature affiliates by Wiki Movimento Brasil
Hi!

Wiki Movimento Brasil just released the public version
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Movement_Brazil_User_Group/Pesquisa_sobre_entrada_de_membros_em_afiliados_Wikimedia_maduros>
of a research we conducted over the last semester on the association of new
members in mature affiliates. The goal of the research was to identify
which risks and opportunities mature affiliates face when the associate
body of the organization is growing and how to deal with that in order to
maintain internal sustainability. The document highlights themes such as
procedures for the association of new members, membership categories,
association fees, financial/donation policies, and the staff and associated
body relationship. It observes a landscape for how membership evolves along
with the organizational structure of the affiliate.

The research analyzed statues and interviewed representatives of the
following affiliates: Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Chile, Wikimedia
Deutschland, Wikimedia France, Wikimedia Indonesia, Wikimedia Italia,
Wikimedia Mexico, Wikimedia Netherlands, Wikimedia New York, Wikimedia
Österreich, Wikimedia Portugal and Wikimedia South Africa. On behalf of
Wiki Movimento Brasil, I’d like to thank our colleagues from the Wikimedia
Movement that kindly agreed to contribute to this research!

The research’s content of public interest is now available on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Movement_Brazil_User_Group/Pesquisa_sobre_entrada_de_membros_em_afiliados_Wikimedia_maduros>
in PT-BR, with translation soon to be added. The specific recommendations
the researcher designed for Wiki Movimento Brasil will be internally
discussed during our General Assembly later this month. Hope you find value
in the information gathered and in the analysis.

Best,

*Érica Azzellini | Usuário(a):EAzzellini (WMB)*
*Gestora de Comunidade | **Wiki Movimento Brasil*
*wmnobrasil.org <http://wmnobrasil.org/>*