Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: We need more interactive content: we are doing it wrong
Dear All,

I can easily find two recent discussions which touch the topic of video on
Commons:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Village_pump/Archive/2023/12#Prioritizing_our_technical_needs

and

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Requests_for_comment/Technical_needs_survey#No_objection,_but.
..

I am sure there were more.

I do not know whether videos can be embedded externally, but images
certainly can. I for example embed them in my blog (random example:
https://ymblanter.dreamwidth.org/146913.html; the text is in Russian which
is irrelevant for my point). I have been doing this for years and never
encountered any issues.

Best
Yaroslav