Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Sister Projects Committee
Hello Frosty,

In case you missed some comments on the page, the Board of Trustees has
initiated

Wikimedia Foundation Community Affairs Committee/Sister Projects Task Force
- Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Community_Affairs_Committee/Sister_Projects_Task_Force>

The Sister Project Taskforce currently consists of 6 Trustees (Natalia
Timkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Mike Peel, Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight, Lorenzo
Llosa and myself) as well as fiveI volunteers selected after an open call -
Bilinghurst, Sj, Noe, Kasyap, Galahad.

Now is probably a good time to summarise the Sister Project Taskforce work
in 2023:

After the creation of the Sister Project Taskforce initiated by the Chair
of the Board of Trustees Community Affairs Committee Shani Evenstein
Sigalov, we advertised the volunteer advisory members' positions, conducted
the interviews and welcomed the new members.

The Taskforce had nine meetings of the Taskforce in 2023, including a
hybrid - in Singapore, where we ran a workshop on Sister Projects during
the Wikimania 2023. Rosie and Lorenzo had run a similar workshop in Toronto
during the Conference North America 2023. The results of the workshops were
incorporated into the Taskforce group.

As a result of our work, we have drafted documents pertinent to the Sister
project's lifecycle. In 2024, we will present these documents to the Board
of Trustees.

I would be happy to answer any questions; just bear in mind that this is a
work in progress.

Season's greetings

Victoria