Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Arabic Wikipedia day of action
Itzik, I think what Farah published informing the global community is informative and speaks for itself. The action taken by the majority of the Arabic Wikipedia community doesn't disrespect the movement. Actually, It comes as an emphasis to the global worry for the rising humanitarian crisis in Gaza, Palestine.

We grieve for those who lost their lives and we pray to end the suffering soon. As a mother, I hurt for every infant or child that gets hurt in this war.

I agree with you on the rise of anti-Semitism, as an Arab I strongly feel it in its anti-Arabism form. We have a duty to oppose all types of hate, violence, and discrimination whether it's anti-Blackness, Islamophobia, Homophobia or any type of racism.

So in the sum of human knowledge as our mission, in addition to the Israeli knowledge, it includes the Palestinian, Arab, African, and Indigenous knowledge. Hopefully, we keep reminding ourselves of this and work concretely towards it putting our biases on the side.

Emna,
A very Proud Human