and apparently action was taken.

Quite possibly, problem solved.

--Jimbo
Re: wikiverse.org followup [ In reply to ]
Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> They are off the air for now, following my spam complaint.

I can still access http://www.wikiverse.org/

I think their application is interesting and it's a shame they send
spam to advertize it. Apparently they combine each Wikipedia article
with relevant news headlines. I've been doing some news headline
harvesting and I wonder if such a database could be released as open
contents. Or is anybody doing this already? It's really similar to
an RSS aggregator, but you also generate RSS feeds from sources that
don't provide one by processing HTML web pages. Can O'Reilly's
Meerkat database be downloaded as open contents, just like DMOZ?

Is this a technical issue that should move to wikitech-l or a
political one, and where should it be discussed?

--
Lars Aronsson (lars@aronsson.se)
Aronsson Datateknik
Re: wikiverse.org followup [ In reply to ]

Re: wikiverse.org followup [ In reply to ]
Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:
>
> > They are off the air for now, following my spam complaint.
>
> I can still access http://www.wikiverse.org/

Yes, they appear to be back on the air now. I think they have talked
things over with their ISP; perhaps they gave a promise of no more
spamming, or perhaps they lied and said that they were not spamming.

> I think their application is interesting and it's a shame they send
> spam to advertize it.

I agree completely. Outside of the spamming issue, they are one of
the better mirrors that I have seen.

--Jimbo